Information About Changing Parks

Denver, Co

Information About Changing Parks

Postby Grix » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:50 am

As we've discussed at the park, it's time to check out a couple new locations for Saturday Amtgard and see if we can find one that we like. There are currently two suggestions on the table and I would like for us to try them out.

Here's a handy google map showing the spots that might be good to meet at for each park, as well as their proximity to Regis.

We will have another short discussion about them or any other parks that people are interested in trying on 4-13-13 at City Park during our normal Amtgard time.

On 4-20-13, we'll be playing at Rocky Mountain Lake Park with our normal start time of 1:00
Rocky Mountain Lake Park is in a decent neighborhood, with an open field for fighting and some nearby trees for battlegames. There is also a playground near the area where we would be playing, with plenty of street parking also available. There are also bathrooms and some picnic tables, as well as some larger fields that we could migrate to occasionally. This park is the closest of the two to Regis, which would hopefully allow some more Regis students to attend.

On 4-27-13, we'll be playing at Berkeley Park with our normal start time of 1:00
Berkeley Park has decent parking available inside the park, some scattered trees for battlegaming, and some picnic tables. It also has bathrooms that are reasonably close and a small covered area for when the weather is less nice.

I'm slammed with work at the moment, but I'll add some pictures in a bit as well as any other details that I might have forgotten.

As for scheduleing an Althing to make the decision on if we should change parks or not, I'm thinking that we can find time during crown quals (May 11th) for a short discussion and vote if we spend time discussing each park's pros and cons while we are visiting them. I hate to stack a discussion on top of quals, but I'm visiting Steel Forge the preceding week and I will be out of the country the following two weekends. With that schedule in mind, June 1st seems like a reasonable day to move permanently to one of the new parks if we decide.
Grix
Site Admin

Re: Information About Changing Parks

Postby Geryon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:09 am

Thanks for your work Grix and everyone else, that first park sounds great
Geryon

Postby Scarab » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks as well, to Kent and Dustin for researching these options! Matt and I will miss next week's park tryout for SKBC but will be looking forward to hearing feedback on the boards.

Related to Fighter Practice on Wednesdays, wanted to post a couple alternate FP locations for the group to consider that are in the Glendale area:

Crestmoor Park (99 S Monaco Pkwy) - Tennis courts (will confirm lights), grass, restrooms, and other amenities available.
http://www.denvergov.org/portals/747/do ... 20Park.pdf

Garland Park (6300 E Mississippi Ave) - Lights, tennis courts, grass, restrooms, and other amenities available.
http://www.denvergov.org/portals/747/do ... (David%20T)%20Park.pdf

City Park is also great but wanted to throw out a few ideas for spots a little more to the east. Thanks!
Scarab

Postby Agustus » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 pm

I would be 100% ok with moving fighter practice to a park that is close to where I live, but being in a more central location is better.
Agustus

Postby Grix » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:39 am

Now that we've visited both parks, here's the timeline I'm looking at.

May 11th (also Crown Quals), we have a park vote on moving the park. I encourage players to discuss the options we've visited this coming Saturday (5-4-13), though I will be down south visiting Steel Forge. Also, speak up if you have other locations you would like us to visit, should the vote on the 11th not result in a park change.

If we decide to change parks, I'm thinking that Saturday, June 1st is a good day to permanently switch to the chosen park.

Thoughts?
Grix
Site Admin

Postby Grix » Fri May 10, 2013 3:46 pm

I really liked Rocky Mountain Lake Park, but I'm worried that if we choose that park and then get chased away from the area we played in that we'll be disappointed. I thought Berkeley Park, however, was also totally acceptable. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Grix
Site Admin

Postby Agustus » Fri May 10, 2013 7:45 pm

^ ditto
Agustus

Postby Korderellin » Sat May 11, 2013 9:29 am

Agreed. Hopefully we'll get more feedback at the park today.
Korderellin

Postby Maldread » Mon May 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Hello! As requested, this is Pumyra acting as a proxy for Maldread. Mal asked me to inform you that his vote is for Berkeley Park, the second one we tested. :)
Maldread

Postby Jax » Tue May 14, 2013 3:03 pm

I would also like to vote for Berkley.
Jax

Next

Return to Duchy of the Iron Mountains