2014 Spring Prime Minister Elections and Althing

News, Rakis info, other upcoming events, votes, etc.

2014 Spring Prime Minister Elections and Althing

Postby Lokin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Here's the current ballot. I need all votes sent to me by 11:59, 29th of March

What qualifies as "Me"

sshaver86@gmail.com: Title it "AMTGARD" or "ELECTION"

Name:
Province:
Provincial Record Keeper:

For Imperial Prime Minister

Aeris Kinderd________

Korderellin Blackhand ________

Althing Issue 1:

Change:

18.A.d.3. For the Baronial Crown Qualification Tourney, entrants will be required to enter in at least seven Crown Qualification categories and must qualify in seven by achieving a score of three or higher. As many as two events may be qualified for by winning two individual fights in a particular war event or by passing a Test of Heraldry by achieving a score of 75% or higher. No more than two qualifications can be gotten from the combination of test and war events, but no limit is placed on the number of cultural categories that may be used to qualify. In addition, candidates must have passed the reeves test for the upcoming reign as per 11.A.a., and must have passed a corpora test within the same timeframe as required for reeves tests. These tests do not count as qualifying categories.

To:

18.A.d.3. For the Baronial Crown Qualification Tourney, entrants will be required to enter in at least five Crown Qualification categories and must qualify in five by achieving a score of three or higher. As many as two events may be qualified for by winning two individual fights in a particular war event or by passing a Test of Heraldry by achieving a score of 75% or higher. No more than two qualifications can be gotten from the combination of test and war events, but no limit is placed on the number of cultural categories that may be used to qualify. In addition, candidates must have passed the reeves test for the upcoming reign as per 11.A.a., and must have passed a corpora test within the same timeframe as required for reeves tests. These tests do not count as qualifying categories.

Reasoning:

Currently both Duchy and Barony have the same number of Qualification requirements of seven. It would seem that this is in error and the true number would be five given the smaller park size.

Yes_________ No________ Abstain ___________

Althing Issue 2:

Remove: 2.B.d. One credit is given out per week for normal Amtgard weekly game-days.

Reasoning: There are many provinces with different gamedays, this seems to punish the populace from traveling to other provinces in the area to play more Amtgard.

Yes_________ No________ Abstain________

Althing Issue 3:

Change:

2.B.f. Using any or all of these sources there is a limit of 6 class credits per month, unless there are five Saturdays or five Sundays in that month in which case the absolute limit is 7 class credits for that month. Credit may only be given for a class that was actually played except when special events such as tournaments and quests preclude all battlegames. Monsters must always be played for credit to be given in this class.

To:

2.B.f. Using any or all of these sources there is a limit of 10 class credits per month, unless there are five Saturdays or five Sundays in that month in which case the absolute limit is 11 class credits for that month. Credit may only be given for a class that was actually played except when special events such as tournaments and quests preclude all battlegames. Monsters must always be played for credit to be given in this class.

Reasoning: There are many provinces with different gamedays. By increasing the allotted amount of credits received per month it might encourage individuals to play more amtgard.
Last edited by Lokin on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lokin

Re: 2014 Spring Prime Minister Elections and Althing

Postby Agustus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:37 pm

Shouldn't " required to enter in at least five Crown Qualification categories and must qualify in seven by achieving a score of three or higher"

say

" required to enter in at least five Crown Qualification categories and must qualify in five by achieving a score of three or higher"

The way it is phrased does not resolve the issue that is being brought up. The change, to me, reads "you need to enter at least 5 cat. and have to get a 3.0 in 7."
Agustus

Postby Lokin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Edited to clarify..
Lokin

Postby Korderellin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:46 am

Althing items 2 and 3 are broken as written, and are going to cause issues if implemented:

1) The section numbering referenced in incorrect. The althing references sections 3.A.d. and 3.A.f, whereas the applicable sections in the current corpora revision are 2.B.d. and 2.B.f.

2) Just deleting a section without authorizing the adjustment to the subsequent sections is going to cause issues.

3) Removing the limitation on in 2.B.d. also removes the definition of how many credits are applied for participation in a day at Amtgard. While the rulebook covers this, it's important to make sure that this is also explicitly stated in the corpora. Frankly, our current corpora requirements already contradict the rulebook on the issue or credits, so this needs much more work than just removing this item.

I don't necessarily disagree with what the althing proposal is looking to accomplish, but I think these should be voted down and re-worked so that they do not end up making more problems with our already patchworked corpora.
Korderellin

Postby Grix » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:43 am

Korderellin wrote:While the rulebook covers this, it's important to make sure that this is also explicitly stated in the corpora.

I'm not certain that I agree with this bit, unless you're suggesting that a line be added that explains that credits will be granted according to the guidelines set forth in the Amtgard Rules of Play and that there are a few additional limitations and ways to gain credits.
Grix
Site Admin

Postby duhtch » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:42 am

I would like to know who Aeris Kinderd is and some of his/her background. I am all for new people stepping up, but I also want to see why they are looking to take the Imperial Prime Minister position.
duhtch

Postby Lokin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:23 pm

I could do an Interview or something...

... wonder if I could get sound.

At the very least I'll get some questions up or whatever... Send me some, I'll form a top 10 or something.
Lokin

Postby Lokin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:05 pm

While the credit thing isn't totally my doing... (I've had suggestions from other people about it before)... The formation of the althing is my doing.

Also, The way I've always had it interpreted to me is that the Rulebook is sort of the "Written in Stone" and at the very base should be followed... and our Corporas could limit it further where needed.

Which is why I left it open-ended. "One Credit Per Day" is written in the rulebook. No need to write "One Credit Per Day" in the corpora because it's already there.

Because this doesn't accurately represent what was intended... would:

Althing Issue 2:

Change: 2.B.d. One credit is given out per week for normal Amtgard weekly game-days.

To: 2.b.d Only one attendance credit may be given on a single day

Reasoning: Changes requirements more toward the Amtgard rulebook. There are many provinces with different gamedays, this seems to punish the populace from traveling to other provinces in the area to play more Amtgard.

Solve the issue?
Lokin

Postby Lokin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Final total of everything...

Aeris: 17
Kord: 9

Althing 1:

Yes: 25
No: 1

Althing 2:

Yes: 20