Reign Relics

News, Rakis info, other upcoming events, votes, etc.

Reign Relics

Postby Azrael » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:13 pm

Here is a heads up on the themed relics that are in play for the rest of the reign. Those of you who have earned them are free to do with them as you see fit be it using them yourself, loaning them to someone else or giving them away, have fun.

Creedy’s Black Bag:

Incantation to Activate: Count “Black Bag 1, Black Bag 2...” through “Black Bag 300.” (Incantation works similar to Doomsday; must be declared in a loud, audible voice that can be heard within at least 30 feet of the caster. Incantation may not be charged while moving; both feet need to be firmly planted.)

Range to Activate: Touch (triggers as a Touch of Death)

Target of Effect: Shatters single enemy; can only use once per battle game and only once a day for event-type gatherings (i.e. court, feast, etc.). If the relic is charged and not used during the life chosen to activate it, the use of the bag is wasted and gone for that current battle game.

Evey’s Pepper Spray:

Incantation to Activate: Count “Don’t Touch Me” x5 (Incantation works similar to a combination of Shove and Stun: shoves target player away from caster to a range of 20 feet and the targeted player cannot speak, cast magic, fight, or use class abilities for a 100 count. The player is considered senseless to the world around them. Target must be identified by player name or an identifying trait (ex. Warrior in blue tunic); must be declared in a loud, audible voice that can be heard within at least 30 feet of the caster. Can be used while moving.)

Range to Activate: 20 ft., clearly declared/identified player

Target of Effect: Single player. Twice per day, one opponent at a time. If incantation is not completed, this does not waste the charge available for the relic’s daily total.

Scarlet Carson:

Incantation to Activate: Count “Scarlet Carson” x5 (Causes the player who is hit to switch sides during a battle game for that life. Once thrown, it remains active on the field until discharged (has to come in contact with someone before it can be picked back up and used again.) Effects whomever it touches, including the caster if it hits the ground and is touched in passing. Must be declared in a loud, audible voice that can be heard within at least 30 feet of the caster while charging. Incantation may not be charged while moving; both feet need to be firmly planted.)

Range to Activate: Thrown projectile

Target of Effect: Convert single player. Three times per day, one target per life. If the relic is charged and not used during the life chosen, the effect is wasted.

V’s Breast Plate:

Static Effect: Takes effect as soon as the player enters the field. (When the player chooses to use the relic, it has to be announced to the Reeve and opposing team before play starts. The player is allowed to slough 25 hits. At the end of the count, the player is shattered for the battle game, being allowed only one life.) (Sloughs melee, projectile, magic effects, and relics except for the Scarlet Carson.)

Range to Activate: Self (player wielding relic)

Target of Effect: Self. Once per day. If used before announcing to the Reeve and other team, does not count; must be announced.

V’s Suicide Vest:
Incantation to Activate: Count “I don this bomb” x3 (Incantation works similar to Sanctuary: Others within 20 ft. may not take hostile actions towards the player, nor target the player or their equipment with magic or abilities. Must be declared in a loud, audible voice that can be heard within at least 30 feet of the caster while charging; incantation may not be charged while moving. All other players must maintain a 10 ft. distance (including allies). Player has the ability to hold weapons and does not have to remove their person from impeding situations. Effect lasts for a count of 300.)
Range to Activate: 20 ft.
Target of Effect: Armed Sanctuary against all players. Once per battle game; can only use once per battle game, and only once a day for event-type gatherings (i.e. court, feast, etc.)

Vendetta Daggers:
Static Effect: Takes effect as soon as the player enters the field. (When the player chooses to use the relic, it has to be announced to the Reeve and opposing team before play starts. Daggers are wounds-kill weapons and armor penetrating (bypasses armor and is an instant kill), but are not effective against magical effects such as iron skin/ bark skin, points of invulnerability, or slough points.
Range to Activate: Self
Target of Effect: Multiple enemies; will last for the duration of one life. Once per battle game; can only use once per battle game for the span of a life, and only once a day for event-type gatherings (i.e. court, feast, etc.).

Fawkes’ Mask:
Incantation to Activate: Count “By the power of duplicity, I don this mask” once. (Incantation works similar to Mimic; a player may change their class during a battle game. When activating, must be declared in a loud, audible voice that can be heard within at least 30 feet of the caster while charging; incantation may not be charged while moving. In addition to the relic, both sashes of the chosen classes must be worn in standard fashion. The player may change to a class they have acquired levels in, and may only play the level they have earned for that class. Can change to chosen class, but may not be able to change back to original class.
Target of Effect: Self; once per battle game. Can only use once per battle game for the span of a life, and only once a day for event-type gatherings (i.e. court, feast, etc.)

Bulletproof Ideas:
Incantation to Activate: Shout “Ideas are bulletproof” once upon death. (Fight after death; limbs are regenerated (armor is not), count extended from 10 to 15 seconds. When the player chooses to use the relic, it has to be announced to the Reeve and opposing team before play starts. When activating, must be declared in a loud, audible voice that can be heard within at least 30 feet of the caster while charging; player can be moving while charging. Fight after death is not prevented or stopped by any means or pre-existing effects (i.e. Sphere of Annihilation, siege weapons, Stun, Earth Bind, etc.). Can be used by any class, and grants Barbarians an additional fight after death on top of their class ability.)
Target of Effect: Self; once per battle game for the choice of any one life. Can only use once per battle game for the span of a life and only once a day for event-type gatherings (i.e. court, feast, etc.)

Range to Activate: 20 ft., clearly declared/identified player

Target of Effect: Single player. Twice per day, one opponent at a time. If incantation is not completed, this does not waste the charge available for the relic’s daily total.
Azrael

Re: Reign Relics

Postby duhtch » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:27 pm

Where would one obtain these? Can you use these all the time one per life? One per refresh, once per day?
duhtch

Postby Azrael » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:54 pm

These Relics have already been distributed to members of the populace; they are theirs for the rest of the reign to do as they wish. So maybe you could convince one of them to let you use it or keep it; how you do that is up to you. Each relic has details in its “Target of Effect” description of how often it can be used.
Azrael

Postby duhtch » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:43 am

Ok, I'm just curious who had them and how they obtained them and when they were given out.
duhtch

Postby Nickodemus » Mon May 26, 2014 11:15 pm

duhtch wrote:Ok, I'm just curious who had them and how they obtained them and when they were given out.

The players received these during court at the Iron Mountains Midreign Event. I do not have a specific list of players who did receive them, but Twinkletoes and Gavo received them from my park.
They were earned by players who completed the highest number of achievements seen here.
Nickodemus, Baron of Crimson Dawn
Nickodemus

Return to Announcements